Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Just in Time Inventory - Ugh!

In the past few years, companies have gotten more attentive to their inventories as a way to cut costs. That may be a good way to control inventory costs, but it is VERY inconvenient and frustrating for the customer.

I've had several incidents lately where I had to make trips to multiple stores to find materials that I needed for my rental business. Earlier this week I was only able to get one scaffold at a local store, but had to drive 30 miles to another town to get a second scaffold. Today, I wanted to buy several miniblinds for one of our new rentals. Unfortunately, WalMart did not have enough miniblinds in stock and I will have to get the remaining miniblinds at Lowes on Monday. Worst of all, I recently wanted to buy some paint for an apartment building. Sherman Williams did not have the paint in stock! Now that's RIDICULOUS! A paint store without enought paint to fill a customer's order!

Except for picking up the miniblinds while I was at Walmart, I didn't do any work today and don't plan on doing any tomorrow either.

No comments: