Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Frustrating Tenants!

It seems that all of my problems this month are focused on a single apartment building. A few days ago, I received a call that an angry boyfriend had thrown a brick through one of my tenant's windows. Of course, this is the responsibility of the tenant. She will either have it fixed by the beginning of the month or I will evict her.

Last evening, I got a call from one of my tenants in the same building. He complained of a gas smell. After asking him a few questions, he said that he had smelled the gas a few days before also. This tenant is a mental health patient who is paranoid-schizophrenic. He often thinks people are after him and calls me to see if people have complained about him.

Obviously, I couldn't ignore the possibility that there was a gas leak, so I went down to the building to investigate. I entered the tenant's apartment and didn't smell any gas. The tenant said that he thought the gas smell was coming from the adjacent apartment. I entered the adjacent apartment and again found no smell at all. I also checked that the stove and all other gas sources were off. When I told the tenant that there was no gas smell, he stated that he had a bad cold - he couldn't smell anything at all! Ughhh! I honestly wondered if he was taking his medication and now wish that I had asked him.

I rarely get called out for these after hours maintenance issues and I'm glad that this was a false alarm.

Tomorrow, we are going to look at another house that I discovered for sale. There is a tremendous demand for 3 bedroom rentals right now and I'm hoping to add another one to our portfolio. All of mine are currently rented.

No comments: