Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, March 30, 2007

T.G.I.F.

This has been a week of real work. I haven't worked this much in months and am not wanting to repeat it anytime soon. One of the things that I really like about owning rental properties is that I typically only work 3-4 hours each day and only normally work 4 days each week.

This week was quite different. We are in the middle of taking over four small apartment buildings. One of the buildings is a duplex which needed painting so that we could get a Section 8 tenant with young children in one side (the other side is already rented). The duplex is huge with sides approximately 25 feet high and 48 feet long.

After working almost 28 hours this week painting, I finally finished this monster today. The duplex is ready to pass the inspection on Monday. I am planning to put up some new miniblinds tomorrow and do a little mulching which will finish the job.

In addition to the painting, I spent another day installing a shower in one of our apartments. All in all, I worked almost enough hours to make it a 40-hour JOB. YUCK! I am very thankful that I don't have to work that many hours every week! Fortunately, that won't be continuing and I should be getting back to my regular 3-4 hour schedule next week. We are also yet to take our first camping trip this year (mainly due to bad weather) and I am anxious to get started.

Another good thing happened today. I found a new Section 8 tenant for one of our vacant 1-bedroom apartments. A good end to a long week!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: