Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, March 5, 2007

Shutout!

Well, I went to the auction today hoping to get a good deal on some properties. Five different properties were auctioned off, and every one of them went for more than I was willing to pay. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. However, in this case I won because I did not overpay for a property. I would rather not own a property than to own a rental that loses money! I still have 6 more properties that we're looking at this week and I should know about all of them by Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.

After the auction, I went to finish working on the wet basement issue from yesterday. As it turned out, the main sewer line was clogged. I tried using a hand operated snake to no avail. In the past, everytime this happens, I have called a plumber to fix it. However, I'm getting tired of spending $120 to $175 to have these clogged lines fixed. Therefore, I decided to buy a powered snake. I looked at the local plumbing supply store and at Lowes. Lowes had a 100 foot powered snake for $397, which was about the same price as the 50 foot snake at the plumbing supply house. I was surprised at the weight of this machine. It must weigh 60 or 70 pounds.

I had a little bit of luck at Lowes today. As turned out, today was commercial customer appreciation day. That means that commercial customers get a 10% discount when using thier Lowes card. Good Deal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How many properties do you currently lease?