Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, March 8, 2007

New Ride Relates to Investing!

Well, first the bad news. I attended the Sheriff Sales Auction yesterday where I was interested in buying five of the properties, four of which were tax sale properties. Since tax sales are not normally part of the Sheriff Sale Process, this auction attracted a LOT of attention. Unfortunately, all of these auction attendees bid up the prices far beyond anything that I would pay. Therefore, between the auctions on Monday and yesterday, I am batting zero!

I am still considering the mobile home on a nice lot for $20,000. It will make a great rental, but will require cash. I hate to spend so much cash on a single deal, so I'm still considering it.

Now, for the exciting news (with a real estate lesson). I learned to ride a motorcycle last summer. At that time, I bought a 1979 Honda CX500. It is a great bike for learning to ride, but wasn't really what I wanted. Like many others, I wanted a HARLEY! Recently, I decided to buy a new bike for this year and started looking. I looked at all the new motorcycles, especially the Harleys. However, after looking at all of the bikes, I decided that I thought the Yamaha VStar was the best looking bike. The good news about that is the price BRAND NEW is only about $7,000 for the 650cc. model. I was about ready to buy a new one, but decided to apply the same technique that I use for real estate purchases to look for a bike. I looked and looked and finally found a 2000 model year VStar with only 3,900 miles for only $3,500! Best of all, it had many extras and looks "showroom" new. The moral of the story is that patience and hard work pay off, whether looking for motorcycles or buying rental property! Her she is... (click to enlarge)

No comments: