Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, March 12, 2007

Not Every Day is a Fun Day!

After having a great week and weekend, this week didn't start with a lot of fun.

It is almost always bad news to get a call from a low-income tenant before noon. Why? Because the reality is that most low income tenants don't work and many sleep-in until late in the morning. In fact, I almost never get calls from tenants in the morning.

This morning I received a call from one of my tenants at about 8 am. The tenant said that someone threw a brick through the picture window of her daughter's apartment. The daughter is another of my tenants. It seems that the daughter had kicked out one of her many shack-up boyfriends and he decided to retaliate by throwing a brick through the window. The boyfriend was arrested. The tenant had her mother call so that I wouldn't drive by and discover the broken window (which would not have been pleasant for the tenant).

My lease says that the tenant is responsible for all glass breakage, so she will either fix it or be evicted.

I spent the rest of the day working on taxes. I do all my own bookkeeping, so I must put everything into Quickbooks before I visit the accountant. My properties are divided into different companies. I finally got all but one of the companies done. I will do whatever it takes to finish that company tomorrow as I am scheduled to see the accountant Wednesday morning.

Although I really like the freedom that the rental property business provides, not everyday is sunshine. Today was a little cloudy!

1 comment:

maynard76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.