Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, June 22, 2007

Another Day Off

I had fully planned to work today, but it just didn't happen. A family member called and wanted me to help with the walk-thru of her new house. The house is being built by one of the larger homebuilders in the area and today was the opportunity to walk through the house with the contractor and find any last minute items to be fixed before closing. Since I frequently inspect properties before buying rentals, I was the logical person to help.

After that, I wanted to deal with the safety gates for my scaffolding. A couple of months ago, I bought some contractor type scaffolding to paint a large duplex. I had to stack the scaffolding to paint the duplex. Scaffolding gets pretty wobbly at that height (even with braces) and I clearly needed safety gates. I ordered the safety gates the same day that I bought the scaffolding and they finally came in this week. Even after waiting two months, the gates I received would not fit on top of my scaffolding. UGH! So, I took the safety gates back to the store today to try to get them to order the correct safety gates. The clerk at the store called the manufacturer who explained that the gates didn't fit on top of the scaffold ends but in rectangular pockets that are built into the frame rails. Boy, did I feel stupid!

By the time I got all this done, it was about 3pm and I was ready to quit for the weekend. I'll try again next week.

No comments: