Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Money for the Eviction

I worked about 4 hours today, which began by taking eviction paperwork and a check for the court filing fee to my lawyer. She will file the eviction with the court tomorrow for our freak tenant (see the previous few posts for the details on this eviction).

After taking care of that, I repaired a soft bathroom floor and installed some new carpet in the apartment of one of my long time tenants. This tenant has been in this apartment building for many years, even before I bought the building. I like tenants that stay a long time and try to take care of them. Therefore, I try to keep their apartments updated. This particular tenant is getting some new carpet; some new paint; and new windows (new surplus windows).

My next stop was one of my 3-bedroom houses where I did some more painting. It was a real mess when I started and is now starting to look pretty good! I'm hoping to get this house rented for July 1st. I finished there about 3pm and started heading for home. Before I drove a mile, I received a call from one of my tenants who had a leaking shower stall. I made a quick stop at this apartment and caulked the shower. I'm hoping that fixed the problem!

No comments: