Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Certified Mail

I absolutely hate to receive certified mail. In the rental business, it usually means that someone wants to sue you. Fortunately, today I was sending certified mail instead of receiving it. Today's certified mail was the letter I typed up yesterday threatening one of my tenants with criminal prosecution for the bad check she wrote for her June rent. I doubt if she'll accept the certified mail, but whether she accepts it or not, it will serve the legal purpose of giving her a 10 day notice before we press criminal charges. That 10 day notice is required in Ohio.

After sending out this certified mail, I did some painting at one of my new 3 bedroom houses. This one is taking a lot of time because all of the window framing and trim had been painted a tan color. In low income rentals, we paint everything off-white (Berkshire White from Walmart to be exact). So, I'm having to spend a lot of time repainting all the trim and window frames, which are somewhat elaborate with a lot of antique craftsmanship. The good news is that once we get the house painted like a white tornado, it will be easy to touch-up between tenants.

No comments: