Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another One Rented!

My day started out with a call from a local government agency. They had a homeless man that they were trying to place in an apartment and wanted to know if I had anything available and if would take this tenant. I told them that I do a thorough background check and gave them my basic screening criteria. They said that the man hadn't ever been evicted and didn't have any criminal record. They also said that he had a job. I told them that I would take an application from him and accept him if he passed the screening.

The applicant arrived on time and did fill out an application. He also brought a form from the government agency stating that they would pay his deposit and first month's rent. I have dealt with this agency before and they will certainly do so.

When I returned home this afternoon, I screened the tenant and he was fine. I told him that he could move in Thursday or Friday, after I finish cleaning the apartment.

My maintenance project for the day was to finish the electrical work in the one-bedroom apartment that I am just about finished rehabbing. I installed the Stove wiring and plug; installed several junction boxes; traced out the wiring for the water heater; and did some other electrical work. In addition, I finished up the work that needed to be done with the water. That included fixing a leak in the brand new toilet; installing new water lines for the sink; removing the line to the outside spigot; and other miscellaneous work.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Hey Mike, did you remove the outside spigot because it was damaged and plan on replacing it, or do you not like having them in your rentals at all? Thanks,
Tom

propertymanager said...

I don't like having outside spigots at multi-unit buildings. It invites wasting water for washing cars (including the cars or neighbors and friends); friends and other tenants stealing water if their water is shut off; etc.