Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feels Like the First Time!

"Feels Like the First Time" - wasn't that a song by Foreigner? Anyway, that's how I felt today as I signed the lease on my newly rehabbed 1-bedroom apartment. Obviously, this wasn't the first time that I've rented an apartment, but it was the first time that I've rented THIS apartment. This particular apartment is one of a few rental units that I skipped over as my business was expanding. It needed a lot of work and I decided to use it for storage. So, for the past few years, it's been filled with supplies and tools and hasn't earned a single penny of rent. I felt as if I'd just bought a new rental as I signed the lease today, but the feeling was even better as I didn't have a new debt payment to go along with the added rent.

My project today was to put the finishing touches on this unit. That included a lot of little details, including installing new shower valves and handles; installing the shower curtain; wiring the water heater; installing a new flushmaster valve in the brand new toilet after repairing a microscopic hole in the tank bowl (it was easier to fix it than to take the toilet back to the store); installing 3 new miniblinds; cleaning the cabinets, etc. I am glad to finally be done with this unit and looking forward to starting another project.

No comments: