Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, April 30, 2009

In the Kitchen!

If you were looking for me today, you would have found me in the kitchen. No, I haven't suddently taken up gourmet cooking, I was rehabbing the kitchen in a one bedroom apartment. The rehab started with the badly sloped floor at the back wall in the kitchen. This is an older building and I assumed that the floor joists might have wrotted or otherwise dropped a couple of inches. Once I started working on the floor, I was pleasantly surprised that the structural members were in good shape. In fact, the floor had obviously been repaired in the past few years (before I owned it), but the repair just wasn't level. My solution was to cut out a section of the floor; add some new material on the joists to level them; and then install a new section of flooring.

After repairing the floor, I went to Lowes to buy some new kitchen cabinets and countertop because the old ones were beyond repair. Today must have been my lucky day because Lowes had a scratch and dent 36" base cabinet for only $79! I bought that base cabinet; two 15" cabinets; and a new countertop and headed back to the apartment. Normally, I wouldn't put new cabinets in a rental if there were any other choice, but in this case, there simply was no other choice. I did get the new cabinets installed; the countertop cut; and the double stainless steel sink installed. At that time, I had reached my limit of fun for one day and I called it quits. I'll continue the work on this apartment tomorrow.

I didn't see the convicted felon that has been stalking me today and I assume that he was arrested last night for violating the restraining order I have against him. Hopefully, I won't see him for another couple of months.

No comments: