Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off to Jail!

It was back to work today after a nice 4 day weekend! I strapped on my new Baretta handgun and headed to town. After making a quick trip to the bank (leaving the handgun in the truck), I made my first stop at one of my two bedroom duplexes to look at the tenant's dryer. Although I don't provide washers or dryers and am not responsible for her dryer, this is a good tenant and I told her that I would check the dryer plug and wiring before she called a repair man. Fortunately for both the tenant and me, the problem was that the dryer plug was a little loose and wasn't making good contact. I bent the prongs a little and that fixed the problem.

My next stop was at another two bedroom apartment. The tenant's home health nurse told the tenant that she smelled gas and obviously the tenant called me. I was immediately suspicious of the gas leak because the gas company had the gas off to the entire building while I was away for the purpose of doing a safety upgrade on the main riser. Sure enough, the gas company turned the gas back on but didn't light the oven pilot light. I checked everything out and lit the pilot light and the problem was solved.

Next, I decided to mow the grass at the Pink Elephant and my newly vacant 3 bedroom house. While I was at the 3 bedroom house, I removed all the carpet, which was destroyed by the tenant's dogs.

After that, I stopped back at the Pink Elephant to return my mower to the storage room. Shortly after my arrival at the Pink Elephant, the convicted felon (that I have a restraining order against) walked down the sidewalk and began to threaten me. I'm the witness to a pending felony for this scumbag and he is basically stalking me. I called the police and then had to wait for them to arrive. Fortunately, the felon didn't do anything to make me feel concerned for my life, or we would have had an unfortunate incident. To my surprise, it only took about 5 minutes for the police to arrive and they were searching for the felon by the time I left. Violating a restraining order should be good enough to put him in jail for the next couple of months. Hopefully, his felony arson trial will begin before he gets out of jail again and he'll go straight to prison.

That was the end of my work day and I met my wife for an early supper before we came home. Upon my arrival home, I went for my daily bike ride. Today's ride was 8.5 miles with a lot of good hills thrown in for fun.

No comments: