Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Problem Solved!

I spent about 3 hours today cutting out and replacing the split sewer line that I discussed in last night's blog. That cast iron pipe was really a chore to cut with my reciprocating saw, but I finally got it cut out. Then, I installed a new 4 inch PVC sewer line, with a cleanout assembly, in its place. After all the work was done, I checked everything for leaks and it was dry as a bone.

In addition to the sewer pipe repair, I also did a repair to the concrete front steps. The steps were cracked and deteriorating, and I patched then with a vinyl concrete patching material.

Today was day 2 of rent collections, and I collected several more rents.

I was done at about 3pm and went for my daily bike ride. If you're following my weight loss saga, I've currently lost 5 pounds and have 20 more to go! Now that the weather is better, I'm hoping that I can get in my bike ride every day. Mountain biking season is right around the corner and I need to get in proper condition.

No comments: