Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Got the Keys!

It is now official, there will be no evictions this month. As I reported yesterday, my final iffy tenant has been admitted to a mental health facility and her mother was moving her out of the apartment yesterday. Today, I got the keys back which makes it official that I have possession of the property. I'll get in there the first of next week and get this unit cleaned out so that we can get it re-rented.

I had a long day today. It started with an insurance inspection at 9am. This was an inspection of the Pink Elephant (one of my apartment buildings). The inspector seemed impressed with the work we had done and I think that he will give the insurance company a good report.

After that, I went to work on the 3 bedroom house that I discussed in yesterday's blog. This house will be inspected on Friday (tomorrow) morning and I needed to get it finished today. When I left the house yesterday, I had the kitchen floor ripped up. Today, I layed a new subfloor and then layed commercial carpet (with no pad). Although carpet is not my preference for the kitchen, this kitchen floor was too rough to be painted or to lay vinyl.

By early afternoon, I had the kitchen floor finished and decided to go for a bike ride. It was an absolutely beautiful day in Ohio and I enjoyed a quick 6 1/2 mile ride.

After the ride, I got back to work on the house. This Section 8 tenant has kids under 6 years old, so I had some paint to touch up. I painted much of the exterior wood trim including the facia and the wood posts for both the front porch and the carport. It was a long day, but I think I'm ready for the inspection tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: