Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Bedroom Rented!

It was another good day in the rental business. Today, I rented my one bedroom apartment that I have been rehabbing. This was one of the units that slipped through the cracks as I was building my business. The rehab has been 95% done for a couple of weeks and I just need to put the finishing touches on it. I had a guy look at it today and he immediately gave me the security deposit to hold the property for him.

The tenant for the 3 bedroom section 8 house I rented, finally got all the utilities changed over into her name today. So, I met her at the house to give her the keys (I already had her deposit). I also installed some termite spikes at one of our apartment buildings where a few termites appeared today (it's termite swarm season here in Ohio).

I also had a talk with the relatively new tenants in a one-bedroom apartment at the Pink Elephant. These tenants apparently like to stay up all night and make a LOT of noise. The other tenants are NOT amused, nor am I.

While I was in the mood to talk, I had a discussion with the landlord of the building next to the Pink Elephant. There has been a lot of drug activity there and I asked him to do something about it. He's pretty much an absentee landlord and I have my doubts that he will cooperate, in which case I'll complain to the local nuisance board and he'll get fined.

No comments: