Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

90-9-1

90-9-1. What is it? A secret code? A date on the Mayan Calendar? Coordinates for a hidden fortune? No, nothing that exciting. It's the ratio of good tenants - fair tenants - bad tenants.

I've gotten a lot of comments from readers of this blog that I seem to have a lot of bad tenants. I don't. In fact, about 90% of my tenants are very good, causing no problems at all. Another 9% to 9 1/2% of my tenants require some attention (such as calling about personal problems, complaining about their neighbors; or being a whiner). These tenants do not present problems that warrant evicting them. Finally, I evict about 1/2% to 1% of the tenants.

Why don't I write more about the good tenants? That's very simple. There isn't anything to write about the 90% of tenants that are good tenants. What could I say? "Sally was a good tenant again today". Quite honestly, the good tenants don't occupy much of my time or my thoughts. The same is generally true of the 9% that are some minor annoyance. They may call to tell me about their personal problems, but that's usually not worth writing about. The final 1/2 to 1% that I do evict are the tenants that are worthy of note and the ones that occupy my time and thoughts.

Today, I did a little work painting the pink elephant (my latest apartment building). Nothing too exciting.

3 comments:

dan said...

Sally paid the rent again this month. On time again!! Man I hate that...

:-D

rentals "R" us said...

Our tenants are all doing well it seems. No one has whined this month and we are expecting no problems on the first of the month. Boring I know! : )

rentals "R" us said...

Our tenants are all doing well it seems. No one has whined this month and we are expecting no problems on the first of the month. Boring I know! : )