Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mugshot, Fingerprints, and Lots of Blood!

It finally happened. Yesterday, I had my mugshot and fingerprints taken at the Sheriff's office. No, I didn't finally lose my temper and assault one of my tenants. Yesterday was my appointment with the Sheriff's office to renew my concealed carry permit. To do that, I took in the paperwork from this weekend's concealed carry class, got fingerprinted, and had my mugshot taken (I won't be framing that picture). The background check and processing takes a couple of weeks and then I should be good for another 5 years!

What about the blood? This involved a stabbing, albeit one that won't be on the evening news. I was replacing the siding on the rental that was damaged in a small fire (see the recent post if you don't know what I'm talking about). I was just about done with this project, but needed to cut a rectangle in the vinyl siding for the electrical outlet. As I was cutting this rectangle, I slipped with the razor knife and stabbed myself in the thumb. OUCH! After a little impromptu dancing around; rinsing the wound with water; and putting on an appropriate bandage, I finished the siding - not much worse for the incident.

In addition to the siding job, today's projects involved installing a handrail, changed a lockset, and signing the lease with a new tenant.

All of this work took about 3 hours and with that I was done. However, I do plan on working another hour his evening - on my taxes: YUK!

No comments: