Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Multi-tasking

Multi-tasking - I HATE THAT TERM. It reminds me of something some silly guru would say. Maybe some silly guru even has a $5,000 bootcamp on multi-tasking!

Having said that, multi-tasking is an accurate description of my day. I headed into town with the intention of starting my day tuckpointing a section of one wall of the pink elephant (my latest apartment building). However, before I even got into town, I received a call from someone wanting to look at an apartment. Within one minute of that call, I received another call from someone wanting to see another apartment. Then, another one. In the span of less than 5 minutes, I had appointments to show apartments to 3 potential tenants.

The third showing happened to be at an apartment building where the grass needed cut. So, after showing the apartment and receiving my third application of the day, I spent a few minutes mowing the grass.

At this point, I was getting hungry, so I headed to McDonald's for lunch. Next on the schedule was my tuckpointing, which had originally been scheduled first. I spent about 1 1/2 hours on the tuckpointing. As I was putting away my supplies, one of the tenant informed me that she had a leak under her kitchen sink. So, I went to her apartment to take a look. Sure enough, the previous landlord had installed a jumble of fittings that were leaking. To be quite honest, I've never seen such an inept plumbing job. Fortunately, this wasn't difficult to fix and only about a half hour later, the plumbing was corrected and dry as a bone!

My next project for the day was to complete the framing of an interior wall I am installing in one of my single family houses. The addition of one wall is allowing me to transform a very large 2 bedroom house into a 3 bedroom house (and to get more rent). Within about 1 hour, I finished the wall and was on the way home.

Tomorrow I am planning to install the drywall onto the framing.

BTW, no problems with tenants again today (as with most days).

No comments: