Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Almost....

I ALMOST got started working on the doublewide project today. Everything started out well, meeting with another investor and friend (Allagash from REIClub) who was passing through Ohio. He brought some good luck with him from Texas, as I finally got my 3 bedroom house rented today!

Then, I got a call from the bank that the renewal of my business line of credit was done and they wanted to complete it by 2pm today to meet the month end. So, I had to drive back into town to sign a small mountain of paperwork. Next, I met with another applicant for one of our duplexes and stopped by my house to do the screening. This tenant claimed to work at a local prison and have a clean record. However, when I started screening her, I found that she had a recent criminal history and that she had been sued by several local businesses. No thanks. Fortunately, I have a Section 8 tenant that is already approved for this unit, although Section 8 has not done the inspection yet. So, it should be rented either way.

After all this, I finally got out to the doublewide project and prepared to cut the tongues off. Unfortunately, I hadn't used my cutting torch in a couple of years and one of the regulators wouldn't work properly. So, I made another trip to town to the welding shop and bought a new regulator. By the time that was done, I was ready to quit for the day. Tomorrow is another day! You know what they say...third time's a charm.

No comments: