Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Scammer

I had two more couples apply for our two open 2-bedroom apartments today. You may recall that I turned down yesterday's applicant because he had a 2 page criminal wrapsheet. Both of today's young couples claimed to have clean records. The first couple was very straightforward in filling out the application. When the second couple had completed their application, I noticed that the woman had not included her name anywhere on the application, even in the Section for additional residents. I was immediately suspicious because I specifically told her that I needed both names and even showed her where to put her name, SS#, and date of birth. Therefore, I told her again that I needed her name; SS#; date of birth; and that I also needed to see her driver's license. The man stated that she wouldn't be living there, only visiting - EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A CHILD AND WE'RE LOOKING AT THE APARTMENT TOGETHER. The translation of that is that they know she can't pass the screening so they are pretending that she won't be living there.

When I returned home, I ran the screening on both couples, starting with the criminal background check. The first couple checked out fine. My suspicion about the second couple was right on the money. The man had an old criminal record (nothing in the past 7 years), but the woman had been evicted 3 times, including at the end of July!!! Needless to say, I'm not renting to this couple!!!

On a more cheery note, the electric company finally connected the electric to my new doublewide today! That was very good news. I've ordered the blocks for tomorrow and I'll start the very physical task of laying the blocks either tomorrow or Thursday.

No comments: