Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Building a Deck with Bluetooth

My old cellphone bit the dust, just one month after my 2 year plan expired and coincidentally just when I became eligible for a free phone from Sprint (with a new 2 year plan of course). Is this a phone company conspiracy to keep people hooked on their service? I don't know and I'll leave that topic for another forum.

I use my cell phone as my business phone, so I couldn't go even a day without a phone. So, I headed down to the Sprint Store to get a new phone. After looking over all the different phones, I decided on a MotoRazor. I also added the $25 service pack which has all the bells and whistles. My new phone has a GPS; internet access; some TV channels; and a live weather radar, which will come in handy for seeing where the rain is located when I want to paint a rental. Those are all nice features, but the feature I like the best is the Bluetooth. Wow, that Bluetooth earpiece is really going to improve my life!

During a typical day, I receive about 30-40 calls. Most of these calls are from potential tenants wanting to ask about our available rentals. Prior to today, I have always had to stop whatever I was working on and answer my cellphone. THAT IS OVER! Now, I can simply tap the button on my bluetooth earpiece and talk on the phone while both hands are free to continue working. Since most of my calls last about a minute, the Bluetooth should add about 40 productive minutes each day to my life. I like it. In addition, it will certainly make driving safer as I will have both hands on the wheel while being able to talk on the phone.

Today, I started adding building the decks for the doublewide. The tenant will be moving in on Sunday, so I've got to get the decks and steps done! I made good progress, installing all the posts and finishing the floor of the front deck. Tomorrow, my plan is to finish both decks including stairs. Of course, tomorrow is the 4th, which is the last day for my tenants to pay rent, so I'll be bouncing back and forth between collecting rents and working on the deck.

Additionally, my wife and I are meeting tomorrow with our attorney about my wife's recent car accident. We now have one witness and I am confident that she will be acquitted of her traffic citation when we go to court.

Finally, we are picking up my wife's new Jaguar tomorrow! I'm looking forward to that!

No comments: