Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

Laying Blocks

I'm making very good progress on my new doublewide rental. All of the inside work is done and the tenants have partially moved in. The heating and cooling company came out and finished up installing the electric furnace and air conditioning. The electric has been completed and is on. I am now in the process of laying blocks around the double-wide so that it will be on a permanent foundation. With doublewides, the blocks must be laid after the house is set and it is a HARD, PHYSICAL JOB! I have the blocks in the front done and will be doing the blocks along one side today. With a little luck, another week will see this job completed!!!

After this job is complete, I will be going to the bank to refinance it. I have done this entire deal with cash and need to get my cash back, so that I can buy additional properties. I currently have 4 deals waiting on the money from this refinance, so I've got to get it done!

I also don't think that I mentioned in any of my previous posts that I filed an eviction on another tenant this month. Prior to last month, I had been doing very well with the tenants. I hadn't had any evictions in several month. Then, last month I had one of our low income tenants fail to pay and I evicted her. This month, I had the tenant in one of our nicer houses fail to pay and I filed an eviction for him. The important thing with evictions is that the tenant MUST be evicted as soon as he fails to pay the full rent. It is much better to have a vacant property than a property that contains a non-paying tenant. My motto is that "IF YOU DON'T PAY, YOU DON'T STAY!" It's just that simple.

No comments: