Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

Qualified!

It was bound to happen. I finally found someone that is qualified to rent my 3 bedroom house. This is a young married couple with 5 children and NO CRIMINAL RECORD!!! They say they want the house and we'll see if they come up with the money. Nothing is a done deal until the money is received and obviously I won't hold it for them without a non-refundable deposit. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In other good news, I now have the blocks laid on the front, back, and one end of the doublewide project. I have laid blocks around many doublewides, but this was the worst. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE TOP BLOCKS HAD TO BE CUT! Many of these blocks required several cuts to fit around beams and other obstacles not typical of more recent doublewides (this one is a 1979).

I just received a call from one of my tenants asking how much the front apartment rented for. They were asking because the front tenant told them he was leaving. You guessed it - I haven't heard a word from him. He certainly hasn't given notice. This is a holdover tenant from the previous landlord and he did not pay a security deposit. The landlord I bought the building from would take just about any story or promise in lieu of a deposit. This is what always happens if you have no deposit. The tenants don't feel obligated to follow the law or the lease because the landlord has no leverage over them. This is the last holdover tenant from the previous landlord, so I won't encounter this situation again soon.

No comments: