Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's almost always the water!

I left for town this morning with the intention of spending about 15 minutes unclogging a bathtub before I started working on my doublewide project. Unfortunately, these plumbing repairs always seem to take longer than expected. Today, it took a LOT LONGER! What started out as a simple, 15 minute unclogging of the tub turned into a ripping out of the carpet; removing the floor; and replacing the pipes type ordeal.

I started out by trying to unclog the drain with a hand-type snake, which should be fine for all normal clogs. When that didn't work, I tried to use my professional, $400 power snake. I knew that things weren't going to go well when the end of the snake BROKE OFF! With that, I had to remove the carpet and the wood floor to expose the piping. The pipes were very old galvanized lines. I tried to disassemble them, but the fittings were hopelessly corroded together. Therefore, I was forced to cut the pipes off with a sawsall and headed to the plumbing store for the PVC replacements. After all was said and done, I spent about $42 and 3 1/2 hours to fix this problem. I normally only work 3-4 hours each day, so after completing the repair, I decided to call it a day. The doublewide project will be waiting for me tomorrow.

No comments: