Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Soooooooo Busy

Today was a busy, busy day! My day started out at 7am with paperwork (as usual). My main paperwork project this morning was making up the deposits from day 3 of rent collecting. In addition to simply making up deposit slips, I also check all the cash with a "counterfeit pen" to be sure the cash is valid. So far, I've never had any bogus money, but I keep track of the cash from each tenant, so that if I do get bad money, I'll know who I got it from.


Once the deposits were all prepared, I had to go to an 8:15 appointment with the eye doctor. After some recent Yag Laser Surgery, my bionic eye is once again at 20/20, which is good!

Next, I made my daily trip to Lowes to buy materials for today's project. Today's project was to install the back deck and to put stairs on both decks. While at Lowes, I received my first call of the day from a tenant who wanted to pay his rent. Therefore, after loading the truck up with treated lumber for the deck, I went into town and collected the rent from the tenant who called and two other tenants.

With my first 3 rents of the day, I drove to the doublewide project and installed the back deck. The back deck is only 8 feet by 10 feet and this only took about an hour to install. I then attempted to install the stairs, but I bought the wrong risers. I made some further measurements and will try again tomorrow to install the stairs.

At 3 pm, I had several more rents to pickup and one lease to sign with a new tenant. I had to make this quick, because I had an appointment with my lawyer at 4pm regarding my wife's recent car accident. The appointment with my lawyer lasted about 30 minutes and then I went to pickup one last rent.

Finally, we went to pickup my wife's new car - a 2002 S-type Jaguar. After a long day and our less than stellar experience last week searching for a car, I was very concerned that the car would not be ready. I was very pleasantly surprised when it was not only ready, but everything was done as promised and the car looked great! So, even though this was a long and difficult day, it ended on a good note!

No comments: