Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, October 5, 2007

Crackers

After the long day yesterday, I decided to make today a short day. I installed the stairs on both decks (on the double-wide project) and then called it quits early, after working about 3 hours. I was looking forward to a nice, quiet evening. My wife and I enjoyed a delicious dinner and then I received a call from one of my tenants. The tenant who is being set out Monday invited several crack addicts over to help her move some of her stuff. The evidently had a big drug party; made a big mess in the apartment; and the police were called. The lock has been removed from the door and the door was open - just in time for every drug scum in town to use the apartment for a Friday night party.

So, my Friday evening was interrupted. I drove down to the apartment building to check the apartment for druggies and other riff-raff. Once I determined that the apartment was empty and the tenant was out, I installed a new lock on the door. The evicted tenant told another tenant that she was out, although she left a LOT of trash for me to throw away.

So, after a few minutes of hassle, I was once again home to enjoy my evening. Such is the life of a rental property owner.

No comments: