Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, December 28, 2007

Busy Christmas Week!

This has been a busy Christmas week. I've never been to so many Christmas parties in my life. We had company much of the week and are just now beginning to relax.

I did a little work the past two days. The appraiser came to look at the properties that I'm buying and the one that I'm refinancing. In addition, I showed my 2 bedroom house to an applicant and she rented the house. This was the house that I previously wrote about the gas furnace with the cracked heat exchanger. Here in Ohio, people want all electric houses. Houses with gas heat are very hard to rent. Therefore, I spent about 4 hours yesterday and 2 hours today installing electric baseboard heat in the house.

On Monday, I have a court hearing (previously continued) for the last deadbeat that we evicted in November. I'm suing the deadbeat for the damage they caused to the house. I just found out today that their water had be shut off in July and they had broken into the meter and turned it back on. The water company sent me a bill for this, which I will not pay. However, on Monday I will be visiting the police to file a report about this criminal activity.

Tomorrow, we will be going snowboarding, weather permitting. Only a couple of weeks to our first big snowboarding trip in New York (Holiday Valley).

No comments: