Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dr. Doolittle

I got back to work today - well if you can call two hours work! I fixed a lock on one of the tenants doors and replaced a broken window. I then replaced all the mini-blinds on a 2 bedroom house that I'm getting rent-ready. While I was replacing the mini-blinds in the kitchen, I noticed a small bat that had gotten its wing caught in a small corner of the kitchen where the drywall didn't quite meet. Somehow, the bat managed to get his wing wedged in this small crack. There was some blood on the wall where the bat had been injured. When I first saw it, I thought it was dead. I touched it and it immediately began to screech. It was obviously not only alive, but in distress. I put on some gloves and tried to gently slide the bat's wing out of the crack. Unfortunately, that didn't work and the bat was still really stuck. I next tried to pry the two sheets of drywall a little farther apart to open up the crack. Again, no dice! Finally, I used a screwdriver to gently put a hole in the wall just above the bat's wing. With a little work, I was finally able to free the bat. The bat had a small hole in his wing, but I didn't see any obvious serious injuries. Therefore, I took the bat outside and put him in a stack of logs. I doubt if he'll survive, but I did my best to help him out.

After helping the bat and putting up all the miniblinds, I called it quits and headed to the mall to do some Christmas Shopping.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call the bank about my loan for the rentals that I'm buying. I'd like to get these properties closed by the end of the year, if possible.

No comments: