Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rain Halts Snowboarding Day

Well, I had planned to take yesterday off to go snowboarding on opening day at Mad River Mountain. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. We had nearly constant drizzle and light rain, and it clearly wasn't a good day for snowboarding.

With the snowboarding day cancelled, I headed into town to work on one of my rentals. This rental is the 3 bedroom house that we recently took back after an eviction. The tenant intentionally clogged up the main drain, probably with rags and opened the cleanout in the basement so that sewage would come out in the basement. The sewage was all dried up yesterday and I spent about 10 minutes shoveling it up. Next, I used my professional, $400 power snake to try to unclog the line. I thought that would take about 10 minutes. After more than 2 hours and making a big mess, I gave up and called my plumber. He has a VERY EXPENSIVE water jet machine. The water spray is so powerful that it will actually cut tree roots! It only took him 10 minutes to clear the blockage. Unfortunately, it costs me about $160 to have them come with their expensive machine, but it had to be done. That was the last thing that needed to be done to this house and the new tenant is moving in this weekend.

No comments: