Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Busy Little Day

Today was a busy little day. I started out this morning meeting the new tenant for my duplex. We filled out all the forms: the lease, pet addendum, emergency notification form, lead paint disclosure, and move-in/move-out form. She has already paid the deposit and the rent, so I gave her the keys and she is ready to move in!

Then, I went to finish the room I have been rehabbing. For a 100+ year old room where absolutely nothing is straight or level, it turned out alright. The biggest improvement is the floor. Before the rehab, it ran downhill at such a slope that you could literally see everything leaning. Now, the floor is perfectly level and the room looks a lot better. Today, I put on the final trim pieces and painted the room. In addition, I repaired the bathtub spout that was broken off a couple of days ago by the tenant's young son (when he fell on it). I am happy to report that this job is finally done. Tomorrow, I'll be moving on to doing the initial plumbing work for our latest doublewide rental.

In addition to everything else, I also picked up the first two September rents. Rent collections for September are just around the corner!

No comments: