Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Showing Houses

This is the time of the month that people are seriously looking for houses. I usually start getting serious inquiries about the 10 with the peak in interest between the 15th and 20th. Today, I showed rentals to 4 potential tenants. One of the tenants had a kid that was a terror and I probably would not rent to someone with a child that was so out of control. I don't have a problem with children, but I do have a problem with THAT CHILD!

I then had a disabled guy with an electric wheelchair look at my single story, 1 bedroom house. He is a possibility, but I have some doubts whether his criminal background check will be OK (just based on his looks). I don't discriminate against disabled people, and they MUST meet the same screening requirements as anyone else.

Next were two young girls (in their early twenties). They were neat and well dressed. Definitely a possibility.

Finally, a young couple came to look at the property. They also looked good and they filled out an application. They want the property, so as long as their screening comes out good, they'll be moving in later this week.

I'm hoping that we'll be full by September 1st!

No comments: