Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My favorite time of the month has arrived - the time to collect the rents! I spend the first 4 days of every month collecting rents and picked up several of the rents today. I'll deposit that money tomorrow morning and then check my PO Box at the post office. I expect to find my Section 8 checks in the mailbox tomorrow morning.

This afternoon, I showed a one-bedroom house to a potential tenant. To my dismay, someone had thrown a brick through one of the windows. Fortunately, the damage was limited to the window and no damage or vandalism occurred inside the house.

In addition to picking up more rents tomorrow, I will also be meeting with the head of the local section 8 office. We will be meeting at one of my houses that was just vacated by a section 8 tenant. The house has been significantly damaged and I am trying to ensure that Section 8 cancels her housing assistance. The damage includes the carpeting being destroyed; the front door is damaged; the screen door has been destroyed; a new shower door was destroyed, the garage is full of trash; and much more. We may sue for damages, but we will probably never collect. Unfortunately, that's just part of the business.

No comments: