Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Everything AND the sidewalk!

Day 2 of rent collections and things are progressing well. I picked up several more rents today and picked up the Section 8 checks at my PO Box. I also found a new tenant for one of my apartments that will be vacant at the end of the month. This tenant was referred by another tenant who did so as a result of our referral program. With our referral program, we pay $100 in cash to anyone that refers a new tenant to us. Of course, to get paid, the new tenant must pay their deposit and first month's rent.

After collecting the rents, I met with the head of the local Section 8 office for a post move-out inspection of one of my 3 bedroom houses. The Section 8 tenant trashed the place and I wanted Section 8 to document it. The funny thing was that as we walked out of the house, I realized that the tenant stole the sidewalk! That's right, the sidewalk! The sidewalk was made up of nice 12" paver stones, all of which are gone! You gotta love low income tenants!

No comments: