Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Little Excitement

Things have been a little boring lately - just the way I like it! We really haven't had any significant tenant problems for quite some time. This evening, I received a call from one of my tenants who said that she thought one of her troubled relatives had broken into 1/2 of a duplex that we are preparing to rehab and that he was still there, probably on a drug binge. I jumped in the truck and headed to town to investigate. Just as she said, his bike was parked outside. I checked the doors, which were still locked, but did find a broken window which had been pushed in.

I carefully searched the property, but no-one was there. After checking with the tenant in the other half of the duplex, I found out that the sheriff had been there earlier in the day looking for the criminal. They apparently found him in the area and arrested him, which was why his bike was still there. No harm done, except a short interruption to my evening.

Earlier in the day, I completed almost all the work on the room I was rehabbing. Today, I built a new closet and installed new paneling on a couple of the walls. I still have a little painting and a couple of pieces of trim to install tomorrow and then I'll be done. My next project is to do all the work on a doublewide that will be my latest rental. The doublewide is already set on the footer and I've got to install the electric, water, septic system, and lay the blocks around the perimeter. I've already got a deposit to rent the doublewide for October, so I'll have to work fast!

No comments: