Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

HEAT WAVE!

The temperature here today was nearly 100 degrees F. Worse, was the fact that the humidity was extremely high. I received a call from one tenant whose electric had gone off. I found that a fuse in the outside disconnect had blown and needed to be replaced. The fuse simply fell apart. I then received a pre-recorded phone call from the electric company saying that they were working on the low voltage problem due to the heat wave. I didn't even know we were experiencing a low voltage problem!

Then, I had another tenant call who reported that her air conditioning was out. She took out her furnace filter which she obviously hadn't changed in many months and reported to me that it was filthy. I'll probably need to have my HVAC guy work on her air conditioner tomorrow. It's only going to be 99 degrees, so maybe going without air conditioning for a few hours will convince her to change the furnace filters once in a while!

I also showed my only remaining 2 bedroom apartment to two potential tenants. One of these potential tenants said that she will take the apartment, but I don't have any money yet. Money talks.

It is going to be very hot tomorrow and I'm planning on taking the day off!

No comments: