Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Four and Two

Today was a four hour workday that was quite productive. It all started with an hour of paying bills. With dozens of rentals, there are ALWAYS bills to pay. After paying some bills, I made a trip to the bank to deposit one of my first rents for February. Then, I went to one of my apartments to fix a gas heater that needed a little work (cleaning plus thermocouple re-orientation). Next, I went to the police station to talk with the police chief and one of the police captains about my new apartment building and the problems there. While I was there, I picked up the last months worth of police reports for the building. I haven't finished reading this big stack of reports, but the very first report I read was about a fight where one of the people at the building pulled a gun during a fight! UGH! It looks like I've got a LOT of work to do to straighten up the situation at this building.

After the police station, my next stop was WalMart where I picked up some paint for the bathroom of the two bedroom house I've been working on. I normally paint all interiors Berkshire White, but this bathroom and a couple of the rooms were already painted in a tanish color which wasn't in too bad of condition. Therefore, to save time, I just had the paint matched and touched up the bad spots. While I was working on the house, a prospective tenant came by to look at it. She really liked it and said that they would take it. You never know until you get the money - so we'll see.

Finally, I put out "For Rent" signs for this 2 bedroom house and another one that I also just finished. So, I ended up working four hours and have two houses ready to rent! That's definitely a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

rentals "R" us said...

That's amazing.
What really amazes me is that you are prepared for trouble that may involve people that may have guns. I am not sure if I could handle that!