Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

Yesterday, I thought I might go lay some carpet today. However, when I got up today, my heart wasn't really in it. I had just about decided to take today off, when one of the tenants called to say that one of the burners on her electric stove had "exploded". So, I told her that I would be right down to take a look. In reality, I had to go into town anyway to get some spending money for our snowboarding trip.

After a quick stop at the bank, I arrived at the apartment. Sure enough, the electric burner had failed. I've seem them do this before, although it is fairly rare. I believe that the cause is a high resistance point in the burner which causes that specific spot to overheat and fail. It usually happens where the burner bends at a 90 degree angle and that's exactly where it occurred this time. Unfortunately, this is a very small apartment size stove and I couldn't find a replacement burner at Lowes, Sears, or anywhere else. The appliance store will definitely have the part, but they won't be open until Monday. Therefore, I isolated the wiring so that it would be safe for the tenant to use the remaining 3 burners until I get the replacement next week.

That was enough for a Saturday and I took the rest of the day off. I'm still learning to fly my new radio controlled helicopter. I'm making progress, today I worked on flying from room to room including the hallways. I've still got a way to go, but I enjoy the challenge.

No comments: