Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, January 11, 2008

Taking Out the Trash

Take out the trash! That's what my wife tells me at least once a day. Well, today I not only had to take out the trash at home, but I had to take an entire truck and trailer load of trash, clothes, furniture, and ruined carpet to the dump. If you've been following my blog, a couple of days ago I posted about the two tenants I just lost. The tenant that I thought I would need to evict left her apartment in move-in condition. The other tenant (with mental problems) also left her apartment relatively clean, but left a mattress; a dresser; a bookcase; a CD tower; and some steel rods. I also have another vacant 2 bedroom house that needs a quick carpet and paint rehab. The tenant in this house left about 5 LARGE contractor bags of trash and an entire garage full of junk.

Therefore, today I cleaned out the apartment and cleaned all the junk out of the house. In addition, the 3 year old carpet is RUINED and I hauled all the carpet to the dump. Tenants are VERY HARD on carpet. Always buy the cheapest carpet you can find. I usually buy a relatively dark brown berber from Lowes for about 55 cents per square foot. If I get motivated enough tomorrow, I may go install a room or two of new carpet.

Then, weather permitting, we're leaving first thing Sunday morning to go snowboarding in New York at Holiday Valley. I've still got to check on the snow conditions and weather forecast. The weather has been unseasonably warm here the last week with highs in the 70s. We haven't had January temperatures this high in about 15 years.

No comments: