Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rent Day!

Today was day 2 of rent collection. I collect rents the first 4 days of each month (my favorite time of the month) and I made good progress by collecting a bunch of rents today.

In addition to collecting rent, I also worked on one of my rentals today. I'm installing a vent-free gas heater in one of our 2 bedroom houses that needs a little extra heat. Fortunately, I had a spare heater, so I didn't need to buy one. This particular heater came out of another unit that I converted to all electric. The previous tenant broke the feet on this heater. I went to Lowes to get new feet, but they no longer carry them!!! They also didn't have any thermocouples, which is a common maintenance item. Wonderful (sarcastic)! It really frustrates me that they don't carry the parts to service the units they sell! UGH!

Finally, I spent some time today paying bills. I try to pay bills at least once each week and today was the day! More rent collecting tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you collect all your rents in person? If so, has this just evolved this way or do you require it?

propertymanager said...

Scott,

I require it because I like to walk through each unit each month.

Mike