Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Almost Done with the Rehab

I'm nearing completion of the rehab of one of my 2 bedroom apartments. Today, I painted the bathroom and installed the new (used) stove and refrigerator. I still need to paint the floor in one bedroom and do some miscellaneous repairs, but I should be done in another day or two.

I haven't posted for a couple of days, so I'll try to catch up on what's been happening. One of the main things that happened this week is the setout of the drug dealer from my new apartment building. This went right down to the last minute, but at 10 am on Tuesday (the setout time), the tenant was gone. Good Riddance!!! I'm making good progress on this building with the two worst tenants evicted and setout and now it is time to concentrate on rehabbing the building. As soon as the weather improves (we had flooding rains this week), I will start working on repainting the exterior of the building. In the mean time, I'll start rehabbing the two apartments that are vacant as a result of the evictions I have done.

I've also been showing rentals to a lot of potential tenants this week, but I haven't rented any additional units yet. So far, everyone that has applied has either been evicted or has a significant criminal record. Still looking!

No comments: