Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dry!

Finally, after a BUNCH of rain and flooding, there was no rain yesterday. In fact, it was quite a nice day with temperatures near 50 degrees and sunny skies. I decided to take this nice day to seal two roofs and tuckpoint the brick wall of one of my apartment buildings. Those were jobs that needed to be done but had been postponed for the past couple of months due to the nasty winter weather we've been having.

I will be taking today and tomorrow off as I am the projection technician at church and we're having an Easter production this weekend.

On Monday, I'll be repairing the floor in one of my rentals before a Section 8 inspection on Tuesday. In addition, I will be replacing the fire extinguisher in that apartment. While fire extinguishers are not required by Section 8 or by state law, I provide them in all my rentals. In this case, that was a wise decision because the tenant had a grease fire which they put out with the fire extinguisher. I'd certainly much rather spend a little money on fire extinguishers than have an apartment building or a house burn down and a tenant be injured!!!

No comments: