Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Fire Was Not Too Bad

In my last post, I mentioned that there had been a small fire at one of my houses. I went by to see the damage and talked to those involved. The tenants were outside smoking and threw their butts on the ground near where the trash was sitting (against the house). The trash caught fire and burned about 5 pieces of vinyl siding and the stairs. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the wood underneath the siding and the wood stairs can be sanded and painted. Obviously, I will pass the cost of this damage on to the tenant.

Today, I spent about 2 hours working on my 2 bedroom apartment which is very near completion. I installed a new medicine cabinet, fixed holes in the walls and ceiling, installed a mini-blind, and did some other work. I also took an application from a potential tenant. Her screening was fine and she claims that she will have the money by the 1st. We'll see!

That was about it for today.

No comments: