Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where There's Smoke...

Well, today was a VERY busy day and a good one. I passed two Section 8 inspections and may have rented another of my 2 bedroom houses. I also painted the wood floor in one of my 2 bedroom apartments; unclogged a sewer drain; and had two applicants fill out applications for rentals.

One of the applicants was an older woman who wanted to live in the apartment with her daughter. The woman's screening was ok, but her daughter was unacceptable with 2 full pages of criminal activity, much of it in the past 2 years. Her criminal activity included possession of drugs; assault; and various other crimes. NO WAY!

There was one bad thing that happened today. I received a call from one of my tenants who reported that his daughters started a small fire which burned the siding on the house. It seems that they were smoking outside and threw the butts in the trash, which was piled up outside. It caught fire and damaged the siding. I will go look at it tomorrow to see the damage for myself. Obviously, the tenant will have to pay for the damage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.