Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Two for Three and One To Go!

I started this week with three evictions scheduled. One of the tenants moved out voluntarily and I have already re-rented that apartment. That left me with two evictions for this week: one today and one tomorrow. Today's eviction went very well. The tenant did show up in court, as they usually do. The tenant made the usual excuses for not paying the rent. As usual, the magistrate didn't care about their excuses and granted the eviction. So far, that leaves me 2 for 3.

Tomorrow is the last of the 3 evictions. I anticipate that this eviction may be a little more challenging. Of course, then tenant is in the wrong and will be evicted (at some point), but he is also a minority who is a racist (he made racial comments about some of the other tenants). I therefore anticipate that he will show up in court with a low-life, scumbag legal aid lawyer and they will play every card, including the race card. It won't work, but they may be able to delay the eviction by asking for a continuance, playing the race card (although I don't know how that could work), or asking for a jury trial. None of these will ultimately work, but they are effective delay tactics. I'll try to post the result of the hearing tomorrow!

No comments: