Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update on Eviction

About 8:30 this morning, I received a call from my attorney. She checked the court records this morning and determined that the tenant from yesterday's eviction proceedings did NOT post the required money with the court. Therefore, the eviction will be affirmed today and I took the setout fee to my attorney's office (to then be filed with the court) so that he can be physically removed from the property. That was good news because I really wanted this deadbeat out.

When I saw my lawyer today, she said that yesterday's eviction was the most entertaining she had ever attended. The tenant was allowed to rant and rave for 45 minutes and was able to confuse the magistrate. My attorney simply couldn't believe that he was allowed to go on and on and on!

Two of the tenants that received eviction notices yesterday are supposed to pay tomorrow (with the $50 late fee). One other tenant said they are trying to come up with the rent and late fee. We'll see how it all turns out.

I also rented another apartment today. That makes 3 rentals that we've rented in the last week. So far, so good.

No comments: