Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, March 30, 2009

Floor Day!

Floors, floors, and more floors! That's what I worked on today. I started out at the one bedroom apartment that I discussed in my last post. The rehab is nearly complete and I'm putting the finishing touches on this unit. I started out measuring for the flooring in the kitchen and pantry. This floor in the kitchen is too uneven for vinyl and in too rough a condition for painting, so I'll put commercial carpet in the kitchen. I have a piece of scrap vinyl from another unit that will fit nicely in the pantry.

After all the measuring was done, I swept the floors in the dining area, living room, and bedroom. Then, I painted these floors with high gloss floor paint and THEY LOOK GREAT!

With wet floors in my one bedroom apartment, I was forced to move to another unit to work. So, I packed up the supplies and drove over to the 3 bedroom house that I already have rented to a Section 8 tenant (starting about April 15th). This was a house that I was hoping to transform from carpet to painted floors, but unfortunately, that's not working out very well. My project today was to remove the carpet pad from one of the upstairs bedrooms in preparation for sanding and painting the floors. To my dismay, I discovered that the floor is not suitable for painting. It has a large section of hardwood floor missing and a particle board patch in its place. UGH! So, I'll simply put carpet back in this room, without carpet pad of course. I NEVER put carpet pad in rentals, because the idiot tenants spill things on the floor and the pad gets stuck to the floor as if it was concrete!

Finally, I collected a couple of rents this afternoon, two days before the beginning of the month! Gotta like that!

No comments: