Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Let the Rents Rain Down!

Wow! Today was the mother of all rent days. Usually, I get a lot of rents on the 1st; several rents on the 2nd; a few rents on the 3rd; and then a bunch of rents on the 4th (and then a couple of late payers with their $50 late fees over the next 3 days). Not this month. Today, the 3rd, ended up being the mother of all rent collection days. Most of my tenants pay in cash and my wallet was so full of cash that I was a little concerned about carrying it all around. Usually, when I get that much cash, I make a quick trip home to drop off the money. However, I just didn't get a break and so I had to carry the money.

In addition to collecting rents, I started cleaning out the 3 bedroom house that I got back yesterday. It's a mess and I'll have several rooms of carpet to replace. I did get new miniblinds hung up so that people couldn't see in through the windows. I also got all the loose trash picked up throughout the house and took a few of the larger items out of the house.

Finally, I received a call from the parole officer of the man that I kicked out of one of my apartments (see my previous blog post). The parole officer wanted to hear what I knew about this felon. I told him that he had shacked up with another convicted felon in one of my apartments under the guise of helping my disabled tenant, and that they stole my tenant's prescription medicine and some other items. He was going to check the police reports and then hopefully violate their parole and send them back to prison where they belong.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get an earlier start and make some serious progress on removing the damaged carpet and getting a new floor installed (whatever I decide to put down).

No comments: