Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rehab Day!

I've mentioned before that I often spend the day doing a common task at more than one unit. For example, I might have water leak day, where I fix any little nagging faucets that drip. Another day, I might like to fix any roofs that need repair. Yet another day, I will mow grass, etc.

Today, it was rehab day and I worked on the one-bedroom apartment that is about to be completed and I also started the rehab on the last unrehabbed unit at the pink elephant. The weather here in Ohio was dismal with a steady, and sometimes heavy, rain. That made it a good day to do inside rehab work. In addition, the rain made it a very good day to start the rehab on the remaining unit of the pink elephant. Several sections of the ceiling had fallen in at that upstairs apartment, obviously caused by prior roof leaks. The rain made it an ideal day to see if the roof was still leaking or if it had been repaired by the previous owner. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the apartment was dry as a bone, even with today's heavy rain. I was also pleasantly surprised to find the wood floors in EXCELLENT condition. This will be a very nice apartment once it's rehabbed and despite all the debris on the floors and the holes in the ceiling, it doesn't appear to me that the rehab will be too extensive. The walls are in excellent condition, most of the windows look very good, and the floors are excellent. There are a lot of electrical wires exposed without the accompanying outlets and light fixtures, but that should be easy to fix. There is also no commode or sink in the bathroom, but again that shouldn't be a big deal.

In addition to the rehab work, I took my bicycle to the bike shop to have a new disc brake installed and to get a tune-up. The bike was done by the end of the day and hopefully the weather will be good enought for a ride tomorrow.

No comments: