Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Forty Eight Days!

Forty eight days - that's the penalty for the attempted breaking and entering of 6 apartments and criminal trespassing. As I reported yesterday, I went to court today to testify against this scumbag criminal that went on a crime spree in January. Upon my arrival at court, I was told by a court officer that the criminal pled guilty on February 27th and was sentenced to 48 days in jail which he had already served. He was released on February 27th, but then arrested again for committing another crime and is currently in jail. Today's court proceedings were on the breaking and entering and criminal trespass charges only. He has not yet been charged with the felony arson charge. I'm not sure what the delay is - maybe they're waiting for a grand jury.

After the court hearing, I talked to a court officer about filing a restraining order against this criminal. The paperwork to accomplish this was ridiculous, but I got it done. Hopefully the judge will sign it today and I'll get it from the Sheriff tomorrow. The point in filing a restraining order against this criminal is to give me one more tool for having this scumbag arrested if he shows up at my property. He is a convicted felon and had been convicted of felony assault as well as assaulting a police officer. He also tried to kill the family in the building next door to my apartment building by arson. My hope is that the restraining order will keep him away from me and my property. It will be a great thing if I can have him arrested every time he comes within 1,000 feet of me! After he's arrested a few times for violating this order, he may catch on and learn to avoid me and my property.

Once the paperwork for the restraining order was complete, I went to the police station to talk to one of the Police Captains. There has been a resurgence of scumbags (convicted felons) congregating down the street from the Pink Elephant and I want the police to help me put an end to it.

On a lighter note, I did get the floor painted in the one bedroom apartment. It looked GREAT! I'm hoping to get that apartment finished this week and then rented!

No comments: